Thursday, October 18, 2012

Because Friday was a complete fail

I know I put a bunch of YouTube videos on here, but it's just because I can't think for myself. Deal. Anyway, this video touches on pretty much everything we've talked about in the last two weeks of rules, space, and time. 

The narrator of this analytical video on MegaMan X and how the game explains the space in a game. He never actually calls any of the rules by the technical terms, but he has a pretty good point.

One of the reasons I really like this video is because he talks about conveyance, which basically asks if the game do a good job of leading the player to its objective. This video reaches outside of MegaMan X. I'm not sure if we're going to talk about this in class, but I think it's a really important point in game design. If/when I make a game, this is something that I'll be thinking about in the back of my brain. 

Enjoy!

This video is vulgar. Ye be warned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment