Tuesday, September 25, 2012

In lieu of WoW

Today, the expansion for World of Warcraft entitled Mists of Pandaria was released. I had the pleasure of living with someone who was willing to stay up until midnight server time, which is 3 a.m. in Michigan, to be there when the world opened up to the public. In lieu of this, I thought I'd like to show you a satyrical video of a day in the life of a gamer wife.


I can't say I can complain too much about him though. I have my fair share of obsessions, and I'm sure I'm not the most quiet thing when the annual Call of Duty drops or when I can't find a Dragon Priest in Skyrim. If you have the time, you should Google some screenshots of the expansion. Although WoW has a cartoony aesthetic, the new expansion has a whole new look. I don't play WoW a bunch, but I like reading about the universe and seeing what players do to enhance the WoW community. For those of you who are avid players, good luck to getting to level 90! Make sure to stand up every once and a while and drink water so that we don't find you dead in a couple days.

3 comments:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkCNJRfSZBU

    Because they reference it. And it was bound to get posted at some point.

    LEEEEROY JENKINNNNS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chad: What you did there, I see it, and I raise you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAzbuQ1pyQs (I was there!)

      But seriously, I do enjoy WoW art - some of it is mindblowingly pretty. I wish I could have really experienced more of it when I played instead of always having to turn the settings down so my laptop wouldn't explode. If I could motivate myself to not get bored, I'd buy a copy of Mists of Pandaria and start playing again, just so I could run around and be awesome in the pretty scenery. Alas, that probably won't happen.

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed that. I must say, when my boyfriend admitted that he used to play WoW i was a little weirded out.

    ....

    but then he taught me how to play. and i'm kind of obsessive about quest games. he'd have to remind me constantly to queue for dungeons cuz all i wanted to do was do every quest in every territory. which doesn't really work...but anyway. i really like things that blur the line between video game reality and reality reality, because, as Felicia Day so catchily puts it, geek is becoming chic.
    [DISCLAIMER: this song is super f-ing catchy. so beware.]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFhgupR565Q

    ReplyDelete