Saturday, December 8, 2012

Hardware and Competitive Gaming

I did my essay on T.L. Taylor's book about competitive gaming, and she dedicated a good 20 pages or so just to controllers, keyboards, monitors, headphones, and everything else gamers have to bring to competitive events.  I've never really had any issues with my controllers or whatnot in terms of hurting my gameplay, but I came across this when I went to MLG's website, and I though it was interesting that players at this level can notice such small differences in hardware.  I've had a lot of friends complain about slow computers or laggy monitors, but this is the first time I've seen anything to do with controllers.  I guess anything to help you win is a plus though.

http://www.madcatz.com/mlg/360_controller.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment